I have diagnosed Lyme disease. I believe that I will always have it, although I have worked hard to put it into remission. Many times along the journey of the last several years, I have been despondent and discouraged and wondered why God (or the Universe or Source or what Dr. Joe Vitale calls ‘The Great Something’) has allowed this disease to appear and grow to epidemic proportions.
After seven years of wondering and wandering (not quite 40 years, like the Isrealites in the desert, but long enough) I figured it out a few days ago. It’s meant to be a wake-up call for functional medicine, self care, and DIY health. Not much in mainstream Western medicine has is helpful in either testing for Lyme or treating it. The same is true of the co-infections that almost invariably come with the Lyme bacteria – including another parasite bartonella and the parasite babesia, among others.
And even with the guidance of a good LLMD (Lyme Literate Medical Doctor), this is not the “pill for your every ill” medical model that is the basis of Western mainstream medicine. You have to participate by following the protocols for antibiotics, homeopathic remedies, and supplements. But you also have to change your diet and lifestyle. That’s it. No other way.
- You have to eat right 100% of the time. For me, that means no grains, no sugar, no soy. Some of you may have to give up dairy.
- You have to sleep enough and on a regular schedule.
- You have to figure out if you have toxins and get rid of them.
- You have to police your cleaning supplies and health and beauty aids to keep your toxic load to a minimum.
- You might have to be careful about mold or EMFs or other environmental toxins.
- You will need to increase your movement (not necessarily “exercise” in the traditional sense) and lower your stress.
All of the above will strengthen your immune system and help your body fight off not only Lyme Disease, but anything else that may be attacking from the inside or the outside. So it might be that we who have Lyme are the lucky ones, because we got the message first. But the message is for everybody, or at least everybody living a modern Western lifestyle. And I’m happy that I figured that out, and happier still to share the message with you.